Once upon a time, I started a business called Sticky eBooks.
I helped people create awesome PDF eBooks. Along the way, I made many many friends and helped lots of people understand how to create an eBook that was interesting and that other people wanted to read.
Then I figured out how to help create and sell eBooks without sleazy marketing techniques. I also set out to learn how to help people design eCourses that get results.
I’ve learned a lot along the way. And here’s what I know now:
The best way to engage people, to get them to care about your ideas and become customers is to make awesome stuff and share it.
This means that the creative process is really driving your business.
You need creativity to market your business, attracting your audience and establishing thought leadership.
Think about everything you create to get your message out in the world. We are constantly being called upon to find new ideas and transmit them in interesting, engaging ways.
Here’s what I want to do with my content, products and consulting under my new brand:
- I want to help you make awesome stuff, written, visual or multimedia, that will bring the people and get them to care about your ideas.
- I want to help you distill your ideas down to their most powerful essence and communicate them in the clearest, most effective way possible.
- I want to help you ignite your creative thinking and be strategic about using it to achieve your objectives.
Because I believe we all have game-changing ideas within us, we just need a little help finding out exactly what they are and how to express them.
It’s not so much about the medium as the message. If you have something powerful to say and a clear way to express it, then how you get it to the world — PDFs, ePubs, videos, drawings, interpretive dance — is a simple choice of how best to get in front of the people you want to reach.
Please come join me on this new phase of the journey!
Here’s how to stay in the loop:
- Sign up for the good stuff. Upcoming issues will be about how to get inspired and the visual revolution. In the next couple months I’ll be announcing the launch of my new site and blog, as well as a new email series I’m calling Thought Leadership Starts Here. (Note to Sticky eBooks subscribers: you’re on the KKM list already. If you’re not sure, go ahead and subscribe, the system will automatically detect duplicates so you’re not barraged with email).
- Connect with KKM on Facebook. My Kelly Kingman Media Facebook page is where I post my own news, as well as interesting items I find around the web on creativity, content, publishing and thought leadership.
- Work with me. If you want to develop a content strategy to build your online presence, want to start building thought leadership and aren’t sure how to start, or simply feel like you could use more ideas for what to make and share with your people, please feel free to get in touch to see if I can help.